Rydal Press Revivalview enlarged panel
Clark Kimball’s resurrection of the Rydal Press imprint began in 1985, after the once heralded printing house slipped into job-printing obscurity and closed. Originally set up in Tesuque in 1933, Walter Goodwin’s Rydal Press specialized in finely printed limited edition work and produced award-winning regional literature until 1941.
Kimball, owner of a Santa Fe antiquarian book business, bought the press name with the intention of restoring Goodwin’s high standards of quality. For the next decade he designed and published Southwestern classics, relying on skilled artisans to produce handsome collectors’ editions. When he sold the business in 1995, Rydal Press was once again a noteworthy publisher of fine books.